- Chicago, February 18th
- Philadelphia, April 9th
- Melbourne, April 15th
- Sydney, April 17th
- Boston, May 6th
- Houston, May 7th
- Dallas, May 8th
- Chicago, May 9th
- London, September 9th
- Jersey, September 11th
- Toronto, November 18th
Date: September-October 2013
- New Orleans, September 20th
- New York, October 3rd
- Washington DC, October 15th
- Chicago, October 22nd
- Los Angeles, October 23rd
- San Francisco, October 24th
The Winter 2013 US Risk Roundtable series is now underway, with events scheduled in various cities, hosted in conjunction with participant firms. This series of sessions is focused specifically on new business intake and conflicts management.
At the New York, Washington DC and Chicago sessions, guest speaker Anthony Davis (Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP) will discuss recent opinions affecting advanced waivers for conflicts and strategies to manage conflicts of interest effectively.
At the Los Angeles and San Francisco sessions, John Steele, publisher of the Legal Ethics Forum blog and legal ethics expert (recently named “Lawyer of the Year – 2013,” Ethics and Professional Responsibility category, Northern California’s Best Lawyers) will discuss client-driven compliance pressures and trends facing law firms.
Date: February-May 2013
- Sydney, February 25th [event report]
- Atlanta, April 9th
- Houston, April 10th
- Philadelphia, April 11th
- Los Angeles, April 30th
- San Francisco, May 1st
2013 US Risk Roundtable events are underway, with events scheduled in various cities, hosted in conjunction with participant firms. This series of sessions is focused specifically on information governance and security, and will aim to discuss the following questions:
- What technologies can firms adopt to manage risk without compromising collaboration?
- What processes and policies should firms implement to comply with client mandates and government regulations?
- What techniques can risk stakeholders adopt to foster security and risk awareness amidst lawyers and staff while preserving firm values and culture?
Date: October-November 2012
- Washington DC, October 30th [Rescheduled to January 23]
- Philadelphia, October 30th [Rescheduled TBD]
- Los Angeles, November 5th [event report]
- San Francisco, November 6th [event report]
- Toronto, November 14th [event report]
- Chicago, November 26th [event report]
2012 US Risk Roundtable events are underway, with events scheduled in various cities, hosted in conjunction with participant firms. Session content varies based on the interest of participants, but typically includes:
- Communicating the implications and potential exposure tied to the expanding information risk landscape
- Review of news stories, issues, trends and developments affecting law firm risk management
- An update on the Risk Roundtable Compliance Consortium, including an overview specific industry risk response guidelines under development
- An open forum for peer discussion, exchange and networking
We’ve announced two upcoming Risk Roundtable events in the UK.
Bristol — Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Birmingham — Thursday, October 4, 2012
The Risk Roundtable provides a forum for risk, IT and related professionals to connect in a collaborative environment. By attending this event, you will gain insights on:
- Review of news stories, issues, trends and developments affecting law firm information security
- The pros and cons of “Open” vs. “Closed” document management system (DMS) models
- Update on industry ISO 27001 developments and approaches
- A review of how law firms are leveraging technology to advance their information security initiatives
Join us and your peers to discuss the challenges you may be facing today managing your information risk. Attendance is by invitation only and is limited to qualified law firms and personnel. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.